Friday, February 12, 2010

Valentine's 2010

For 22 years, I have been blessed with a husband, who tries his best to let me know that he loves me.  I just don't always hear it or receive it, because I am not paying attention.  I am not hearing his "Love" language.  He is more than patient with me and still loves me despite my shortcomings.  

For the last few months, we have been learning to love each other through God's eyes, and let me tell you, that is the most amazing kind of love.  It is indescribable.  I really can say I love him more today than the day we married.  And that is how love should be.  It is a deeper and more meaningful love then the beginning of our marriage.  

Today he gave me the most beautiful roses.  They were perfect.  He sent them to my work.  When I called Mike to thank him, he told me that he had always wanted to give me a dozen roses, but it was extravagant and we could always find more practical things to do with the money.  Well now, this our first Valentine's as empty nesters, is very meaningful.  He was telling me I was worth the extravagance to him, we could be practical later.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Listen to mtjjmyer@gmail.coms Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones