Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Trying to Bake Healthy

Anyone who knows my husband, knows he has a sweet tooth.  That in itself is not bad, but add diabetes to it, and I usually have a problem.  It is very hard to keep cookies in the house and sugar free cookies are not that great for diabetics either.  So I started searching the internet for natural sugar recipes.  I came to www.sweetsavvy.com and found this great peanut butter and honey cookie recipe.  The only thing I modified was the flour.  I used stone ground whole wheat.  It also metabalizes slower to keep your sugar from spiking.  The true test will be how many are left on the plate in the morning.
The other great thing about this recipe, is that it only took about an hour and 15 minutes including prep and clean-up.  Now that is my kind of baking.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Listen to mtjjmyer@gmail.coms Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones